Oooo La La ...
I had no idea when I first stepped into a far infrared sauna the wonderful experience that awaited me. I had tried steam saunas before and was always so exhausted by the time my treatment was over. The far infrared sauna left me feeling rejuvenated, peaceful and "purified". I can't really put into words what this experience is really like. Suffice it to say that I had to have one and have been enjoying its many benefits ever since. I highly recommend this sauna! I love it and I know you will too!
Renew Your Body, Your Mind ...
The far infrared sauna is a natural remedy to age-old problems. The health benefits of this type of therapy are innumerable. There has been much excitement surrounding the infrared saunas amongst the health-conscious. Infrared sauna therapy is the latest method of easing aches and pains and eliminating toxins from the body naturally. While the traditional steam sauna is well known, the heat in these rooms often gets too high to be able to tolerate for very long. Using infrared light technology allows the user to stay for much longer (up to an hour) at a lower temperature, yet with the same benefits as a hot, steamy room.
The special infrared heaters used provide a special heat that actually penetrates the skin and warms up to an inch and a half into the body. This works just like the sun but (note this) isn't damaging in any way. In fact, quite the opposite is true, this type of heat has many recognized benefits. Here are just a few:
- Increased circulation. Thanks to the increased sweating, infrared sauna therapy helps work the heart and boost circulation, which, in turn, detoxifies the body. Couple this with the fact that people can stand far more time at the lower temperatures which still promote sweating and you have a winning combination.
- Higher metabolism. Many people these days wish to lose weight and this type of heat can help. The increased sweating and circulation also help boost the metabolism and more calories are burned doing the same amount of exercise, something that is excellent for weight loss.
- Detoxification. The sweat that is excreted also contains toxins that have been stored up in the body, often for years. A cool shower (highly recommended) afterwards helps improve this infrared sauna benefit by removing the excreted toxins completely.
- Lowered stress levels. These days, just about everyone suffers from stress which can have a debilitating effect on both body and mind. Relaxing in the heat is an ideal way to de-stress and let the immune system rebuild itself. The infrared rays actually promote the production of serotonin or the "happy" hormone, which is quite beneficial in and of itself.
- Reduced cellulite. When combined with proper diet and massage therapy, the special heat of these saunas can help reduce the appearance of cellulite and, in some cases, even remove it completely.
- Lose weight. While it is quite obvious that anyone in a sauna will tend to lose water weight due to sweating, that isn't the only sauna benefit here. The extra heat provided will help burn more calories, and releases the chemicals contained in fat cells that may be hindering weight loss via regular methods.
- Cleansing. For anyone suffering from acne or other types of skin outbreaks, this revolutionary technology can help eliminate these problems as well by reducing the amount of poisons contained in the skin and helping to open the pores and cleanse them. The texture and color of the skin also tend to improve.
- Cancer treatment benefits. Electric light infrared saunas raise oxygenation and remove radio active residues. Infrared saunas are reportedly good for chronic infections.
- Less energy used. Infrared saunas require 90% less energy and heat much faster than traditional saunas. This sauna can also be used for patients suffering from varicose veins, metal implants, hypertension and diabetes where conventional saunas do not help.
- Respiratory relief. Since your respiratory system is not exposed to high heat as in conventional steam saunas, your breathing will not be compromised.
- More effective. These saunas, based on infrared technology, are more effective as heat reaches deeper in the skin unlike conventional saunas. Deep heat penetration allows removal of toxins, alcohol, nicotine and metals. It helps in curing chronic fatigue; promotes muscle growth; raises growth hormones level; and reduces cellulite. Calories used in half an hour in an infrared sauna session are more than used while running for the same time. Infrared saunas can be installed anywhere in the house. Portable saunas are also available.
So there you have it ... from weight loss to an improved immune system ... using this new technology is certainly a good idea. Rather than forcing the toxins out of the body with extreme temperatures and steam, the main sauna benefit is simply that it allows the user to sit for much longer periods of time at lower temperatures and thus experience more health benefits.